Delphix Boosts DataOps Platform, Adds Powerful New Data Privacy Features that Help Enterprises Move Faster at Lower Cost, Risk
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., January 17, 2018 -- Delphix, the company that has changed the dynamics of managing and consuming data, today released the latest version of its Delphix Dynamic Data Platform that delivers new capabilities to easily and quickly protect sensitive data for companies with cloud, application development or compliance projects. With new unique automation features coupled with powerful masking algorithm enhancements, enterprises can now better protect their greatest potential attack surface - non-production data - in even the largest, most complex environments.
It’s no secret that enterprises struggle to manage debilitatingly large volumes of data, and the need to protect sensitive information only makes this more challenging. Delphix offers the only platform that ensures secure, continuous delivery of enterprise data, reducing the time it takes to release new applications down from days to minutes.
One Platform to Manage and Protect it All
With this new release of the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform, customers can take advantage of an enriched user experience, improved data masking, a monitoring dashboard and support for more data sources. Highlights include:
Unique data privacy and security features
With data breaches on the rise and tough new regulations such as the impending GDPR, data security is the number one mandate for companies today. And, whereas most security teams focus on the protection of data in a production environment, non-production data represents 80 percent of their total data and their most vulnerable attack surface. Delphix makes it significantly easier for businesses to get started with masking and to operationalize it within their enterprise at massive scale.
- New masking wizard: Enterprises can now empower business users to implement masking immediately, without requiring deep technical knowledge or developer resources
- New API for automation: Makes it easy to automate processes and operationalize masking throughout the organization. This is a major step forward in our goal to allow our customers to integrate masking into existing enterprise workflows and horizontally scale masking engines as needed.
- Masking algorithm synchronization: Enterprises can now maintain referential integrity while masking data anywhere across the organization. This allows for consistent data masking across data centers, geographies, on-premise environments and in the cloud.
Modern UI that makes enterprise software easy to use
Delphix is singularly focused on delighting our customers and simplifying implementations to accelerate business outcomes. The new user experience includes:
- A new, streamlined UI that removes requirements for Flash, increases performance, and introduces changes t improve navigation, page layouts, monitoring, and capacity management. Also, workflows purpose-built for specific personas are now available in this release, making it easier and more intuitive for users to get access to data they need.
- Improved upgrade experience that significantly simplifies, automates and increases the reliability of the Delphix upgrade process.
- New monitoring and performance dashboard with up-to-the-minute insight into the operational state of all data sets. This new dashboard has been uniquely designed to identify any performance outliers to ensure high performance for all users.
More support for more data sources
As part of this release, Delphix also expanded support for Oracle 12c to enable companies to better leverage 12c pluggable and container databases, allowing for consolidation of Oracle infrastructure. Further, Delphix has released enhanced database-level support for DB2, and additional SAP ASE certifications.
“Today’s security and regulatory landscape makes protecting enterprise data top-of-mind for businesses in all geographies and across all verticals,” said Patrick Lightbody, SVP of Product, Delphix. “Effectively safeguarding non-production data, while still making it freely available, enables enterprises to ward off security threats and stay compliant with privacy laws, without sacrificing data-driven innovation.”
“Not only does Delphix allow us to reduce our risk footprint by masking sensitive data, but we can also give developers realistic, production-like environments, which ensure we’re not introducing defects because of bad data,” said Kyle Welsh, Chief Information Security Officer, Boeing Employee Credit Union (BECU).
For more information on the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform, check out https://www.delphix.com/platform
Delphix's mission is to free companies from data friction and accelerate innovation. Fortune 100 companies use the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform to connect, virtualize, secure and manage data in the cloud and in on-premise environments. For more information visit www.delphix.com