Last Updated: May 9, 2016
This Policy describes:
- the information that we gather from you;
- how we use and share this information;
- the rights and choices you have regarding this information;
- the steps we take to protect this information;
- the limitations of this Policy regarding third party websites and content;
- how we transfer your information;
- how we may change this Policy; and
- how you may contact us.
Information We Collect on the Delphix Sites:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Delphix Sites, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. You may provide us with information in various ways when using the Delphix Sites. For example, you provide us with information when you use forums or submit forms on the Delphix Sites or when you send us customer service-related requests using the Delphix Sites or other means of communication.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain Delphix Sites, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Delphix Sites to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics cookies. Delphix does not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use the Delphix Sites.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This automatically collected information may include your web browser and/or device type, the web pages that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Delphix Sites. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened or clicked on a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may display third-party content on or through the Delphix Sites, including third-party advertising. We also may enable you to connect your Delphix account to, or otherwise interface with, third party services, including third party social networks and communications services. In addition, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook "like" or "share" buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by Delphix. Please consult that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies for more information.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the Delphix Sites, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect. We use information we collect through the Delphix Sites in a variety of ways in providing the Delphix Sites and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect through the Delphix Sites to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Delphix Sites, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time by Delphix.
- We use the information that we collect through the Delphix Sites to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Delphix Sites, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your information to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We aim to obtain appropriate consent (where required under applicable law) to send you marketing communications.
- We may use information we automatically collect to: (i) personalize or customize the Delphix Sites; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Delphix Sites and third-party marketing activities; and (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
When We Disclose Information. We will not disclose your information that we collect through Delphix Sites to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with any members of our group, including the parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and branch offices, to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose your information in order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using the Delphix Sites, or that you elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide application development, communications, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. We generally require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Delphix Sites and any facilities or equipment used to make the Delphix Sites available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- We may work with third party advertising partners to show ads that we think may interest you. These third party partners collect anonymized information from you via cookies and similar technologies. Where required under applicable law, we will request your consent to such collection and use of your information. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through the Delphix Sites, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of the Delphix Sites available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of the Delphix Sites.
Your Rights and Choices
If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
The Delphix Sites may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators' policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Delphix Sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Delphix Sites.
The Delphix Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Visitors and Users
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the Delphix Sites, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of the Delphix Sites after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
275 Middlefield Road, Suite 50
Menlo Park, CA 94025
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the entity responsible for the collection, use, and processing of your information described in this Policy is Delphix Software Ltd., located at Carrick House, Lypiatt Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 2QJ, United Kingdom. You may reach us at email@example.com.